Dominique Rivero, Expereince Designer
January - April 2022
College students are constantly worrying about what their next meal is going to be due to most of them not knowing how or what to cook with the food they have. The solution is FRIO, a platform that can curate recipes based on what users have at home, as well as teaching them basic skills on how to cook with the limited food they have at home.
A modern take...
Learning to cook is an essential life skill that we should all possess. It’s reported that a good home-cooked meal is the best way to be sure of what you are eating and will contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
It is especially tough to eat healthy as a college student because the food that is served on campus is usually mass produced, while the people who live off campus are often on budgets.
of Americans don’t know how to cook
Of students suffer from food insecurity
Of students skip at least one meal a day
What's out there?
Who are we targeting?
College students with limited time and budget that want guidance in how to cook, while trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Meals that don’t require a lot
- Fast and easy to make recipes
- Community support
- Spending tons of money eating out
- Food always goes to waste
- Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Meals that can be made in 30 min
- Recipes from what’s at home
- Feedback on how to improve
How Might We...
- Made easy
- Accessible filters
- Ingredients added straight to shopping list
- Multiway recipes
- Recipes from items in fridge
- Shop for the recipes you want
- Saved recipes all in one place
- Contribute recipes
- Dietary and calorie preferences